Art is Basic has moved!

Art is Basic has moved!
Visit my new blog location by clicking on the Art is Basic logo.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Parody of American Gothic-- 3rd/4th grade


For this lesson, we learned about the artist Grant Wood and his painting "American Gothic."  The kids read a magazine article about this painting (It was from the 90's and I think from the New Yorker).  The students discussed what a parody is and saw many examples of parodies of this iconic painting.  Then, the students drew their own version of the "American Gothic". 





I highly recommend this series of books!


1 comment:

Lynola said...

I also like that series of books. I've used them with my Kindergarteners, though I don't read all of it to them. It's really good kid language while still giving good information.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails